Wellness care is central to your pet’s ongoing health care. It provides us with a baseline of health and sets the stage for future checkups, and any potential treatments we can offer to make their life better.
Our Auburndale, FL, veterinarians recommend annual pet wellness exams. Dogs and cats age about 6-7 years for every human year, so their condition is liable to change just as quickly. In addition, pets will try to hide signs of illness, making detection difficult without a vet’s help. With regular exams and preventative care to increase your pet’s protection against disease and other problems, we hope to give you as many years together as we can.
What is Included in a Typical Pet Wellness Exam?
Cat and dog wellness exams are multifaceted; they’re more than just an exam. A typical annual checkup includes several different things to help us evaluate your pet’s health and administer any additional treatments necessary to boost their protection from disease threats.
In general, wellness exams include:
- A head-to-tail physical examination, which also includes checking vitals and looking for abnormal changes
- Reviewing your pet’s medical history (if applicable) and developing a health care plan
- Administering any necessary vaccinations
- Blood work and fecal exams to screen for parasites, infections, and other problems
- Providing your pet with a year’s worth of flea, tick, and heartworm prevention
Wellness Care for Pets at Every Age
Whether your pet is 6 months old or 16 years old, our team at Auburndale Veterinary Clinic can formulate a wellness plan to suit their needs. No two pets are alike, and there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all medicine.